The buzz words associated with hormone therapy can be daunting – cancer, heart disease, stroke, blood clots. But like anything, once you do the research, the facts bubble up to the top. Ageology bioidentical hormone therapy physicians agree; there are reasons NOT to use bioidentical hormone therapy.
5 Reasons NOT to use Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
1. You think your hormones are balanced, yeah, right! Men and women starting in their 30’s are losing an increased level of critical hormones each decade and some quicker than other.
2. You don’t have time to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Instead of healthcare call it youcare, most people are overweight and do not dedicate enough time to health, nutrition and fitness. Heart disease and obesity are the top causes of death today.
3. You believe everything you hear in the media. The media can be a double edged sword and the case of the media hype surrounding the Women’s Health Initiative is the perfect example of how the media does more than report the news, it creates the news. As a direct result of women stopping their hormone therapy, women’s health has been compromised and in the United States alone it is estimated that up to 25,000 women have unnecessarily experienced heart attacks or death, according to Hot Flash Havoc.
4. You like playing doctor. Self diagnosing is never advised. Reading articles on the Internet is not the equivalent of a medical degree. Research the best anti-aging doctors possible.
5. You like feeling like crap. Some people think they don’t have a choice to feel better, some just don’t make feeling better a priority. No decision to get better is actually a decision to stay sick.
The truth is, when it comes to good health and aging, we simply need to put back what we have lost and that something is our hormones. Bioidentical hormones are at the base of this approach because hormonal decline creates a decline in you and your health. Without the youthful hormones you are no longer you.
What’s so important about hormones?
As you age your hormone production level decreases, which reduces the functioning capacity of all your body systems. This decline in hormones is natural, however hormonal decline leads to disease like heart disease – the number one cause of death in the US. This hormone imbalance has a significant impact on your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
What do hormones do?
Hormones are chemical messengers secreted from the endocrine glands into the bloodstream. Hormones regulate your body’s response to stress, blood sugar levels, menstruation, kidney function, structural integrity and sexual functions. Without hormones, the body does not work effectively!
Ageology Physicians include Chicago’s most accredited preventive health and wellness doctors specializing in treating men and women suffering from hormonal imbalances including menopause, andropause, perimenopause, and PMS using an integrated approach of nutrition, fitness and bioidentical hormone therapy. Ageology is dedicated to maintaining your health and vitality, and preventing chronic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, stress, sleep disorders and the libido pitfalls that come with aging.