As Suzanne Somers stated in her wellness book Breakthrough: “We not only want to live longer, we also want quality of life.”
Put the diet soda down and pick up a water. Diseases such as cardiovascular, diabetes, cancer and respiratory as well as conditions that magnify and promote diseases such as obesity, are some of the leading causes of death in the United States today. The irony is that the illnesses and diseases that are killing us, are also some of the most preventable diseases and conditions when nutrition, fitness and hormones are optimized.
Beginning as early as our thirties, certain hormones diminish, creating an imbalance that can set off everything from perimenopasue to cancer.
Today’s age management medicine practiced by Ageology physicians gives breakthrough medical insight into the different “pauses” that happen in the human body and how it is possible to actually stop these pauses , reverse them while also avoiding diseases, conditions and sickness.
- Thyroidpause – weakened thyroid
- Electropause – diminished brain capacity
- Cardipause – increased heart rate – due to decrease of pumping capacity
- Immunopause – weakened immune system
- Menopause – loss of hormones in woman
- Andropause – loss of hormones in men
- Osteopause – loss of bone density
- Somatopause – loss of human growth hormone, muscles losing strength
- Dermatopause – loss of collagen and elasticity in the skin
Chicago’s Ageology physicians endorse the 8 Steps to Wellness outlined in Breakthrough and invite you to subscribe to this lifestyle and discover your own science of nutrition, fitness and hormones.
- Avoid chemicals and detoxify your body
- Take nutrition seriously
- Create a healthy GI tract
- Avoid pharmaceuticals when possible
- Supplement your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Get proper sleep
- Balance your hormones naturally using bioidentical hormone therapy when prescribed by a qualified physician
Take your health into your own hands. Ageology supports breakthrough medicine that is designed to educate and inform patients, putting you in the driver’s seat to health and wellness.